From Street Food to Gourmet Cuisine
Package price per person, 8 days from € 446,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
Everything, truly everything that you want to taste of Tuscan cuisine, from tradition to innovation.
- 7 Nights in an excellent 3*/4* B&B hotel in Montecatini
- 5 Dinners at the hotel
- 1 Welcome drink
- Tour escort for the entire trip
- 1 Half-day guided tour of Lucca
- 1 Stop for Buccellato cake and cappuccino
- 1 Fish&Chips at the “Barchetta” in Viareggio
- 1 Stop for gelato at the Gelateria di Piazza in San Gimignano
- 1 Tasting of 4 wines with saffron-based hors d’oevres at the Fattoria Poggio Alloro
- 1 Visit to the alabaster workshop in Volterra
- 1 Half-day guided tour of Florence
- 1 Tasting of Ribollita and Pappa al Pomodoro
- 1 Visit to an artisan chocolate factory including chocolate tasting with a glass of dessert wine
- 1 Aperitif in Montecatini Alto with snack
- 1 Visit to an olive oil mill including dinner and drinks
- 1 Salami tasting at the Macelleria Falorni with a glass of Chianti
- 1 Half-day guided tour of Siena
- 1 Tasting of Panforte and Ricciarelli including a drink at the Pasticceria Nannini
- Snack with 5&5 including a drink in Livorno
- 1 Half-day guided tour of Pisa
- 1 Tasting of regional craft beer
Day 1 Arrival at the hotel, welcome drink and presentation of the travel itinerary.
Day 2 – Buccellato, Fish & Chips (Lucca and Viareggio)
Departure in the morning for Lucca where you meet the local guide. In a typical coffee bar, taste Lucca’s famous dessert called “Bucellato”. Free time in Lucca and departure for Viareggio to discover its legendary seafront promenade. Stop at “La Barchina”, a boat docked in one of the canals, where you taste Fish&Chips (daily fresh fish) with a drink. Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 3 – Ice cream, saffron and wine (Volterra and San Gimignano)
Departure for San Gimignano with a stop by Sergio Dondoli, the king of gelato! Then you visit a farm and taste 4 types of wine with saffron-based snacks. Continue on to Volterra and visit an alabaster workshop. The alabaster is a stone extracted in the surrounding area and masterfully sculpted in artisan workshops. A mega-barbecue dinner at an “agriturismo” near Volterra, drinks included. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 4 – Ribollita and pappa al pomodoro (Florence)
Departure for Florence and a guided tour of the city. Lunch at a small restaurant, to try two traditional Florentine dishes: the Ribollita and Pappa al Pomodoro soups. Both prepared with a base of bread, they are typical of the Medieval period. The rest of the day is free. We then return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 5 – Chocolate & Aperitif (Agliana and Montecatini)
After breakfast, departure for a visit to a world famous artisan chocolate factory. Enjoy a tasting of different types of chocolate accompanied by a glass of dessert wine. Return to Montecatini Terme for a cable car ride up to Montecatini Alto to enjoy an aperitif and a spectacular view of the valley. In the evening, visit to an olive oil mill for dinner including drinks. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 6 – Cinta senese and Panforte (Chianti and Siena)
Departure for Greve in Chianti. Stop for a visit and a tasting of 3 traditional salamis with a glass of Chianti at the legendary Macelleria Falorni. We then continue to Siena for a guided city tour and a stop at the famous Nannini pastry shop; tasting of Panforte and Ricciarelli, two of the city’s most traditional sweets. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 7 – 5&5 and beer (Livorno and Pisa)
Departure for Livorno, where we try 5&5, a typical street food from Livorno consisting of a sandwich stuffed with a chickpeas “pancake”. Continuing on to Pisa for a guided tour of the city, a true open air museum but also a vibrant modern city. Free time in Pisa and then a tasting of craft beers at a local pub. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 8 Check out and departure.