Gourmet tour of Emilia Romagna
Package price per person, 5 days from € 265,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
This trip is perfect for those who want to explore the beauties and delicacies of Emilia Romagna, a region famous for its beautiful towns surrounded by hills where some of Italy’s most world-famous traditional products are produced: Parmigiano Reggiano, Parma Ham, balsamic vinegar and Lambrusco wine. This trip will give you a chance to experience all the region’s most traditional specialties. The ultimate expression of this will be the rich, traditional Romagna dinner and wine tasting on Modena’s hills in a well-known farm that has been run by the same family for over 5 generations; the experience will begin with a tour of the wine cellars guided by the winemaker.
- 4 Nights with enlarged breakfast in a good 3* hotel in Reggio Emilia
- 2 Dinners at the hotel (three-course menus )
- 1 Special, traditional Romagna dinner at the hotel (four-course menu)
- 1 Full-day escorted tour to Bologna
- 1 Guided city tour of Bologna
- 1 Light lunch with a platter of typical assorted cold cuts and Bologna-style fried gnocchi
- 1 Full day escorted tour to Modena and surroundings
- 1 Guided city tour of Modena
- 1 Guided tour of one of the most important vinegar producers in Modena
- 1 Light lunch with traditional balsamic vinegar tasting at the vinegar producer estate
- 1 Wine cellar tour with a winemaker in the Modena area
- 1 Traditional seven-course dinner with drinks at a Modena area wine cellar
- 1 Full-day escorted tour along the Modena wine trail (Sorbara, Carpi, Castelvetro)
Day 1 Check in, dinner at hotel and overnight.
Day 2 Breakfast and departure for the Bologna arcades with guide. Half-day guided tour of Bologna and a light lunch of typical Bologna specialties. Free afternoon in the city. Return to hotel for dinner and overnight.
Day 3 Breakfast and departure for Modena with guide. Guided tour of Modena in the morning. After the city tour, visit of one of the most famous balsamic vinegar producers in Modena, with a light lunch and tasting. Dinner at a farm in the Modena area.
Day 4 Breakfast and departure to explore the Modena wine trail and its most important wine: Lambrusco. Guided tour of Sorbara, Carpi and Castelvetro where the following are produced: Lambrusco di Sorbara, Lambrusco Salamino and Lambrusco Grasparossa. Return to hotel in the afternoon. Special four-courses traditional Romagna dinner at hotel and overnight.
Day 5 Breakfast and departure.