The countryside and culture of the Riviera
Package price per person, 5 days from € 299,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
A journey to discover the many and fascinating aspects of the Italian Riviera and the French Riviera, luxuriant gardens with lemon trees and aromatic herbs, hills covered in olive tree groves. The famous focaccia of Pieve di Teco; the scent of olive oil and the love of the inhabitants for their area.
- 4 Nights HB at a 4* hotel on the Riviera di Ponente
- Full day tour escort for “Villas and Gardens”
- Full day tour escort trip for “Hinterland of flavours”, the opportunity to buy typical products in Pieve di Teco (possibly at the weekly market on Tuesdays)
- 1 Visit to an olive-press with a tasting of oil and typical Ligurian products
- 1 Full day tour escort for “Flowers and Spices”
- 1 Visit to a nursery, citrus greenhouses and tasting of unusual marmalades
- 1 Activity at the nursery “How to prepare aromatic salt”
- 1 Entrance to the Hanbury Gardens
- 1 Entrance to the Princes Palace of Monaco
- 1 Entrance to the Ephrussi-de-Rothschild Villa and Gardens with an audio guide
Day 1 Arrival at the Italian Riviera, check into hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 The hinterland of flavours. Departure after breakfast for Val dArroscia in the direction of Pieve di Teco: an old settlement with an enchanting Augustinian convent. Together with an expert guide, you will discover the traditional bakeries where the typical black bread of Pieve di Teco is baked, together with the famous “Focaccia” (weekly market every Tuesday). You will move on to Albenga which, thanks to its numerous towers, has kept its medieval charm. After the visit, you will come to an olive-press in the Albenga area for a tasting involving typical Ligurian specialities.
Day 3 Flowers and spices. Departure after breakfast for Capo Mortola and a guided tour or the Hanbury Gardens. The gardens date back to 1867 when Sir Thomas Hanbury designed this masterpiece, with breath-taking views of the sea. You will then visit the nursery to get to know the typical plants of Liguria. Accompanied by an expert, you will visit the greenhouses there the lemon trees are grown and the visit will end with a tasting of a very special, delicious bitter orange marmalade. Lastly, there will be a short group activity.
Day 4 The villas. Breakfast in the hotel. The day will be devoted to discovering the Principality of Monaco with a visit to the ancient town and the royal residence built on the Rock of Monaco. The visit to the palace is a journey back in time through the centuries, from the Renaissance to the Napoleonic era. The imposing spiral staircase leading to the state apartments, the 16th century frescoes decorating the rooms and the choir room enchant guests and visitors alike. Onwards in the early afternoon towards St. Jean Cap Ferrat, to visit the Ephrussi-de-Rothschild Villa with its seven hectares of enchanting gardens with an audio guide. The park includes the French Garden, with musical fountains and a temple o love, the Spanish Garden, the Florentine Garden, the Japanese Garden and the Rose Garden, the favourite of Baroness Ephrussi.
Day 5 Breakfast and departure for the return journey.