All Aboard, flavors of Emilia Romagna
Package price per person, 8 days from € 652,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
Culinary tourism is a way of travelling that is attracting an ever growing number of food and wine lovers seeking authentic flavors and traditions. Emilia Romagna has some of the best ones that the world can offer. Palo Alto’s Institute for the Future, a research center in California, has already conducted a study on Emilia Romagna’s artisan and industrial businesses so as to be able to introduce the world to the high quality of the region’s culinary products. You’ll just have to try it to believe it.
- Tour escort for the entire trip
- 3 Night in HB at a 3* hotel in Bologna
- 4 Night in HB at a 3* hotel in the Reggio Emilia area
- Visit to a Mortadella laboratory with tasting
- Visit to a chocolate laboratory with tasting
- Artisan pasta making demonstration
- Lunch at a restaurant with beverage included
- Visit and tasting at an enoteca in Dozza
- Visit and tasting of Brisighella olive oil
- Visit and tasting of typical products at a winery Colli Piacentini
- Tour of the Ferrari Museum in Maranello
- Visit and tasting at a vinegar distillery
- Lunch with “tigelle”, cold cuts and Lambrusco in the Modena area
- Visit and tasting at a distillery
- Visit and tasting of Reggiano Parmesan
- Visit and tasting at a winery in Colli di Parma
- Visit to a winery with Prosciutto di Parma tasting
- Lunch, beverage included
- Multimedia tour on Giuseppe Verdi
- Visit to a laboratory and tasting of Piacenza’s cold cuts.
- Tasting with snack at a winery Colli di Parma
Day 1 Arrival in Bologna. Settling in at the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 In the center of Bologna a visit to the laboratory where IGP Mortadella is produced, the covered market, and a historic chocolate shop. A pasta making demonstration and a lunch of freshly prepared Bolognese tortellini at a restaurant. In the afternoon a visit to the Enoteca Regional in Dozza’s historic center. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 3 Along the road to Ravenna, a stop near Faenza to visit the olive grove of Brisighella DOP olive oil and a visit to a winery which produces Romagna wines, with lunch and a tasting of typical products like piadina with Squacquerone cheese. In the afternoon a visit to Ravenna’s historic center with its mosaics. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 4 Check-out and transportation to Parma. A stop in Maranello to tour the Ferrari Museum and afterwards a visit to a vinegar distillery which produces the Traditional IGP Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, with a lunchtime tasting of tigelle and typical cured meats. In the afternoon a visit to a distillery that produces artisan liqueurs. Arrival at the hotel, check-in, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 5 A visit to a cheese factory which produces DOP Reggiano Parmesan, with a tasting of the famous cheese. Shortly after a stop at Castello di Torrechiara and its historic center, imbued with love and battles. Then a visit to a winery in the Colli di Parma with a lunchtime tasting of typical products and local salamis. In the afternoon a visit to a prosciutto producer and a black pig breeder, the pig used in the production of the Prosciutto di Parma DOP. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 The morning is dedicated to visiting Parma‘s historic center and the most interesting of its monuments, like the pink marble Baptistery, the wooden Teatro Farnese, and the Romanesque cathedral frescoed by Correggio. Transportation to Bassa Parmense to enjoy a multimedia tour on Giuseppe Verdi. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 Transportation to Piacenza. Visit to a facility which produces Coppa Piacentina DOP and Pancetta Piacentina DOP. Visit to a winery in the Colli Piacentini with a lunchtime tasting. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 8 Departure.
By Coach: The group arrives by coach from the country of origin.
By Air: Package price per person, 8 days from € 849,00, Bus hire during the stay as in the programm. The group arrives by air and services usually start at the arrival at the airport. Included ground services like local coach or assistance at the airport will be specified in the section “Description – Tour Includes”