Between wine and spirituality
Package price per person, 6 days from €355.00Group price valid from 20 participants.
Umbria region is historically known for its ties to religion and spirituality. Since the dawn of Christianity important spiritual centers and places of worship have been active in Umbria. In this region the divine permeates the land, the typical food served in the convents has become the region’s culinary tradition. Long thought of as Tuscany’s little sister, Umbria actually has a strong individual identity that we’d like to introduce you to.
- 5 Nights B&B in a good 3* hotel near Perugia
- 1 Welcome aperitif
- 4 Dinners at the hotel
- 1 Dinner at an abbey
- 1 Live music during dinner at the Taverna del Duca
- 1 Full day guided tour of Orvieto and Terni
- 1 Visit to historic wineries and lunch with wine tastings in Orvieto
- 1 Entry to Orvieto’s duomo and Terni’s cathedral,
- 1 Full day guided tour of Assisi and Eremo delle Carceri
- 1 Entry to the Basilica di San Francesco d’Assisi
- Transportation to Eremo delle Carceri
- 1 Entrance Eremo delle Carceri
- 1 Full day Tour escort in Trevi, Montefalco, and Spello
- 1 Entry to the Santuario della Madonna, St. Francis Church with picture gallery, and Chiesa Santa Maria Maggiore
- 1 Tasting of Sagrantino di Montefalco and two other typical wines with hors d’oerves
- 1 Full day guided tour of Perugia and Lake Trasimeno
- 1 Roundtrip transportation on Perugia’s Minimetro
- 1 Boat Passignano – Isola Maggiore
- 1 Entry to the Chiesa di San Salvatore
Day 1 Arrival at the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 2 Orvieto and Terni. After breakfast departure for Orvieto, the many-faced city built on tuff; medieval, Etruscan, spiritual. After visiting the city a brief stop at Orvietos historic underground wine cellars. Lunch with wine tasting. Then departure for Terni, the city of St. Valentine, the patron saint of lovers. A tour of the city and a visit to the cathedral which houses the relics of the saint. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 3 Assisi and Eremo delle Carceri. Today is dedicated to visiting Assisi and Eremo delle Carceri on Mt. Subasio. Assisi, the “Holy City” with its Basilica di San Francesco , is a global center of Christianity as well as a museum housing important works by Cimabue, Giotto, Simone Martini, and Pietro Lorenzetti. Not far beyond the walls of Assisi, on Mt. Subasio, we also visit Eremo delle Carceri, where St. Francis went to pray. Return to the hotel, dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 Trevi, Montefalco and Spello. After breakfast, departure for Terni, one of the most beautiful medieval villages in all of Italy. Walking up to the town we come upon the Chiesa della Madonna delle Lacrime. A tour of Trevi, departure for Montefalco with its Chiesa di San Franceso which today houses the picture gallery that includes Benozzo Guzzoli´s frescoes. This city is also famous for the production of its red wine: the Sagrantino di Montefalco. A tasting of Sagrantino and two other types of wine served with hors d´oerves at a winery. The day continues with a visit to Spello, with its ancient stone houses and numerous Roman ruins. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 5 Perugia and Lake Trasimeno. Today we visit the capital of the region, Perugia. After the guided tour, free time, and departure for Lake Trasimeno with a boat ride to Isola Maggiore, an unusual example of an island, at one time prosperous and lively, now inhabited by only 18 people, with pronounced hermitic tendencies.Return to the mainland and then dinner in an evocative Abbey with live music. Return to the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 6 Breakfast and departure.