Flavours of Emilia Romagna
Package price per person, 8 days from € 652,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
Enogastronomic tourism is a way of traveling that is attracting always more foodies seeking for authentic flavours and traditions. Emilia Romagna has some of the best food products that the world has to offer. Palo Alt’s Institute for the Future, a research center in California, has already conducted a study on Emilia Romagna´s artisan and industrial businesses in order to introduce the world to the high quality of the region’s culinary products. You will just have to try it yourself to believe it.
- Tour escort for the entire trip
- 3 Overnight stays in HB at a 3* hotel in Bologna
- 4 Overnight stays in HB at a 3* hotel in the Reggio Emilia area
- 1 Visit to a Mortadella laboratory with tasting
- 1 Visit to a chocolate laboratory with tasting
- 1 Artisan pasta making demonstration
- 2 Lunches at a restaurant, drinks included
- 1 Visit and tasting at an enoteca in Dozza
- 1 Visit and tasting of Brisighella olive oil
- 1 Visit and tasting of typical products at a winery Colli Piacentini
- 1 Tour of the Ferrari Museum in Maranello
- 1 Visit and tasting at a vinegar producer
- 1 Lunch of tigelle, cured meats and Lambrusco in the Modena area
- 1 Visit and tasting at a distillery
- 1 Visit and tasting of Reggiano Parmesan
- 1 Visit and tasting at a winery in Parma
- 1 Lunch of typical products, drinks included, in the Parma area
- 1 Visit to a winery in the Parma area with a tasting of Parma Ham
- 1 Visit to the Culatello di Zibello curing cellars
- 1 Multimedia tour on Giuseppe Verdi
- 1 Visit to a laboratory and tasting of Piacenza’s coppa and pancetta (regional cold cuts)
- 1 Tasting lunch at a winery Colli di Parma
Day 1 Arrival in Bologna. Settling in at the hotel. Dinner and overnight stay.
Day 2 In the center of Bologna visit to a laboratory where IGP Mortadella is produced, the central market, and an historic chocolate shop. To follow, a pasta making demonstration and a lunch of freshly prepared Bolognese tortellini at a restaurant. In the afternoon a visit to the Enoteca Regional in Dozza’s historic center. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 3 Along the road to Ravenna, the bus will stop near Faenza to visit the olive grove of Brisighella DOP olive oil and a visit to a winery that produces typical Romagna wines, with lunch and a tasting of typical products like piadina with Squacquerone cheese. In the afternoon a visit to Ravenna´s historic center with its mosaics. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 4 Check-out and transfer to Parma. A stop in Maranello is planned to visit the Ferrari Museum and afterwards a visit to a vinegar distillery that produces the Traditional IGP Balsamic Vinegar of Modena, with a lunchtime tasting of tigelle and typical cured meats. In the afternoon you will visit a distillery that produces artisan liqueurs. Arrival at the hotel, check-in, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 5 Today you will visit a cheese factory where you discover all about the production of DOP Reggiano Parmesan, with a tasting of the famous cheese. Shortly after a stop at Castello di Torrechiara and its historic center is planned and a visit to a winery in the Colli di Parma with a lunchtime tasting of typical products and local salame. In the afternoon you will visit a prosciutto producer and a black pig breeder, the pig used in the production of the Prosciutto di Parma DOP. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 The morning is dedicated to visiting Parma’s historic center and its most interesting monuments, like the pink marble Baptistery, the wooden Teatro Farnese, and the Romanesque cathedral rich of frescoes by Correggio. Transportation to Bassa Parmense for a visit to a Culatello di Zibello DOP curing cellar and lunch at a restaurant. In the afternoon visit to a facility where Culatello di Zibello is produced to learn the secrets of its curing. Then a multimedia exhibition within the adjacent former home of Giuseppe Verdi. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 7 Transportation to Piacenza. Visit to a facility that produces Coppa Piacentina DOP and Pancetta Piacentina DOP. Visit to a winery in the Colli Piacentini with a lunchtime tasting. Return to the hotel, dinner, and overnight stay.
Day 8 Departure.