Our autumn bestseller: Olio nuovo and vino buono!
Package price per person, 5 days from € 285,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
The days become shorter, the winds fresher and the typical autumn fruits ripen. The nature prepares itself for the hibernation and you can use the time to make the final journeys with nice weather: this is the magic of the autumn, a season which invites to peace and reflection, in contrast to the spring which is refreshing and full of energy. This program was very successful and therefore we would like to offer it again! Experience one of the most beautiful autumns in Italy with us – an autumn in Tuscany!
- 4 nights HB in a good 3 * hotel in Montecatini with extended breakfast buffet with cold cuts, cheese, yogurt and fruit juices
- 3 Dinner in hotel, large menu selection
- 1 Welcome Cocktail
- 1 All day travel companion Lari and oil mills
- 1 Visit of a noodle factory of the Martelli family
- 1 typical lunch in Lari with “Spaghettata” , water and local wine included
- 1 Cherry Liquor tasting in the Bottega delle Specialità
- 1 Ice break (3 balls) in the “ice cream parlor” in Lari
- 1 Visit of a cheese producer with tasting and local wine
- 1 Visit of an oil mill
- 1 Tour with a carriage (pulled by a tractor) to reach the oil mill
- 1 Walk through the olive grove with explanation of the cultivation and approach to the explanation of the production
- 1Tasting of bruschetta with freshly squeezed olive oil
- 1 Bottle of olive oil 500 ml per room with personalized label
- 1 Visit to a regional market
- 1 Half-day tour Pistoia
- 1 Visit to a Fattoria, olive harvest, vegetable harvest and preparation of a Zuppa frantoiana and fresh pasta
- 1 Fattoria autumn festival, dinner with products from 0 km away, seasonal delicacies and afterwards Necci (sweet with chestnut flour, ricotta and chestnuts)
- Music during the autumn festival
Day 1 – Arrival at Montecatini Terme. Room stay and dinner.
Day 2 – Excursion to Lari (beautiful village – one of the most beautiful in Italy, famous for its cherries) In the morning, we drive together to Lari, a small, still secret place in the province of Pisa. Famous for its fort and wonderful cherry liqueur, we would like to kidnap you to explore this picturesque village with us. You will visit the pasta factory of the Martelli family; here the traditional food par excellence is still produced by hand. During a typical “alla italiana” lunch, you will taste the spaghetti made in the pasta factory! Afterwards, to digest, you may also try the cherry liqueur and then really dangle the soul with an ice-cream break (3 scoops) in an “ice cream parlour” in Lari. Return and dinner at the hotel.
Day 3 – Excursion to Pieve a Nievole and visit to a Frantoio. After breakfast, departure to Pieve di Nievole, where we will visit an oil mill. You take a tour with a carriage (pulled by a tractor) to reach the oil mill. Did you know how the olives are pressed or the difference between “extra virgin” and normal olive oil? Here, you have the possibility to get to the bottom of it all at a tasting with freshly pressed olive oil. As a souvenir, take one bottle of 500 ml olive oil per room with a personalised label. Continue to a cheese dairy, which is visited in the early afternoon. Tuscany is famous for its fresh cheese such as ricotta or pecorino, which gets its unique taste from being stored in caves. After the tour, you can try it yourself and if you like you can take some with you. Return and dinner at the hotel
Day 4 – Excursion to Pistoia with a visit to a weekly market. After breakfast, we drive to a regional weekly market. Browse through the stalls and let yourself be enchanted by the atmosphere. Then drive to Pistoia, where you will meet your guide. Pistoia is unjustly often somewhat overshadowed by its well-known neighbouring towns of Florence and Pisa. A beautiful, well preserved old town with numerous sights. Those who want to experience an authentic small town of Tuscany with a typical Dolce Vita, which is not yet overcrowded by tourists, should definitely stop here. After the visit, we continue to the Fattoria, where we celebrate the autumn festival. You will harvest olives yourself and prepare dinner with products from 0 km away. Collect the vegetables yourself, prepare the Zuppa yourself, together with other seasonal delicacies. Necci (dessert with chestnut flour, ricotta and chestnuts) awaits you as a dessert. Music during the autumn festival. After dinner, drive to the hotel.
Day 5 – Return journey.
By Air: The group arrives by air and services usually start at the arrival at the airport. Included ground services like local coach or assistance at the airport will be specified in the section “Description – Tour Includes”
By Coach: The group arrives by coach from the country of origin.
Download PDF here.