Palermo city break … Italian capital of culture but not only
Package price per person, 4 days from € 255,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
Palermo will be Italy’s Capital of Culture in 2018, an award that blends the splendor of this city, where Arab and Norman treasures and Baroque and Art Nouveau styles of monuments, palaces and theaters merge into a contrasting, wonderful whole. Life takes place outside in Palermo. Let yourself be swept away by the lively bustle of the streets, stroll through the colourful markets or discover the city’s garden, as Goethe once did on his Italian journey: “In the public garden directly at the roadstead I silently had the happiest hours. It’s the most wonderful place in the world.”
Thanks to good air links from all over Europe, Palermo is easy to reach and it’s an ideal destination for a short break that combines architectural beauty with local folklore. Take this opportunity, Palermo will astonish you.
- Round transfer to / from Palermo airport by private bus
- 1 Half day bus rental for Monreale sightseeing
- 3 Nights B&B with buffet breakfast in a 4 * hotel in Palermo
- 1 Dinner in a restaurant in the city centre
- Assistance on arrival and during transfer to the hotel
- 1 Full day guided tour of Monreale and Palermo, including headphones
- 1 Half day guided tour “exceptional Palermo”
- 1 Guided visit to “Palazzo del Conte Federico”
- 1 Admission to Monreale Cathedral and Cloister
- Visit to the Puppet Maker Workshop (Pupi Siciliani)
- 1 Marionette Theatre Admission
- Visit to the Ballarò market
- Sicilian street food break
Day 1 Arrive in Palermo, check in to the hotel for 3 nights half-board
Day 2 In the morning, after breakfast, a guided tour of Monreale with the visit of the cathedral with its precious golden mosaics and the Benedictine Cloister. Later we head back to Palermo, we will visit the historic centre of Palermo with Quattro Canti, the Palace of the Normans, the famous Cappella Palatina and end up with the “Pupi Siciliani”:puppet-making workshop, where you will learn how to make the famous typical Sicilian “Pupi” and watch an amazing opera performance. Dinner on own and overnight.
Day 3 After breakfast, departure with a local guide to discover the “unusual Palermo”. A stroll through the characteristic alleys will take you to the oratory of San Lorenzo, built at the end of the 16th century. Afterwards visit the church “Casa Professa”, one of the most spectacular churches of the Sicilian baroque. In the hustle and bustle of the “Ballarò” market enjoy a break with Palermitan street food: crocchè (croquettes) and panella (fried chickpea batter). The tour ends with a visit to the “Palazzo di Conte Federico”, accompanied by the count himself, who will show you is noble residence. A very special experience! Rst of day at leisure and dinner on own. Overnight
Day 4 Breakfast and return departure.