The Taste of Rome
Package price per person, 4 days from € 415,00Group price valid from 20 participants.
A typical Roman saying states: “Chi beve vino prima della minestra, saluta il medico dalla finestra”, that means “Whoever drinks wine before the soup, greets the doctor from the window”. This is the leitmotif of the popular Roman culture, based on simple and genuine flavors, good food and above all good wine that is a loyal companion to each meal during the day. A 4-day tour devoted to the most famous dishes of the Roman cusine and the well known Frascati DOC wine. All these features topped off with a classy stay in the beautiful Grand Hotel Villa Tuscolana, a charming historic building that dates back to the 1500s and expertly restored over the centuries. Our tip: open the doors to the wonderful “belvedere room” on the last floor and enjoy the fantastic view over the eternal city. Emotions and unforgettable pictures are guaranteed!
- 3 Nights in 4* Hotel in Frascati
- 3 Buffet breakfast
- 1 3-course menu dinner in the hotel restaurant, beverage not included
- 1 4-course menu dinner with characteristic show in a typical restaurant near the Coliseum, beverage not included
- 1 Dinner with wine tasting and typical products of the countryside in a farm
- 1 Welcome cocktail with breathtaking view over the eternal city
- 1 Wine tasting in a fraschetteria in Frascati
- 1 Transfer Airport-Hotel with city sightseeing
- 1 Transfer Hotel-Airport
- 1 German speaking Assistance upon arrival and panoramic city tour
- 1 Full day guided tour and coach rental “Villa D’Este and the delicious Frascati wine”
- 1 Full day guided tour and coach rental “Rome: the eternal city”
- 1 Ticket Villa D’Este
- 1 Whispers for the visit of St. Peter
- 1 Cooking class “the typical with biscuits of Genzano”
1. Day arrival at FCO airport. Meet&Greet and panoramic sightseeing tour of Rome. Arrival at the booked hotel and check-in. In the evening, welcome cocktail with prosecco and finger food : Dinner at the hotel restaurant with traditional dishes from Lazio region.
2. Day After a delicious breakfast buffet visit Tivoli and the famous Villa D’Este, a masterpiece of the Italian Renaissance and UNESCO World Heritage Site. The tour continues to Frascati. After a wine tasting of the famous white Frascati DOC wine and some typical products of the countryside, guided visit of Castel Gandolfo where you will enjoy the Pope’s residence and a beautiful panoramic view over the Albano Lake. In the evening Visit to the wine cellars of a typical farm house and cooking class with the famous “ciambelline al vino” from Genzano. The most talented women can measure themselves with the art of making the dough together with an experienced Italian Mamma. The perfect end of such a day will be a typical dinner with Roman specialties. Way back to booked hotel and overnight.
3. Day After a tasteful breakfast today you will visit the eternal city. Rome always gift its guests lots of surprises: living culture that reigns in every place, art from all ages and from all over the world, lots of historical buildings and of museums. From Egyptian obelisks, to the Coliseum, from medieval buildings to baroque masterpieces. The Basilica of St. Peter with its spectacular square, Piazza Navona, Piazza del Popolo, Piazza di Spagna with its famous staircase, the pantheon, the Trevi fountain. In the evening, farewell dinner in a restaurant near the Colosseum with dinner show. Way back to booked hotel and overnight.
4. Day After a rich breakfast buffet coach transfer to FCO airport. Arrivederci Roma!
By Air: The group arrives by air and services usually start at the arrival at the airport. Included ground services like local coach or assistance at the airport will be specified in the section “Description – Tour Includes”
By Coach: The group arrives by coach from the country of origin.
Download PDF here.